When getting ready to meet couples to capture Engagement Photos I usually always hear the question..”What do we wear?” I thought I would hopefully simplify that question for you by talking about it here.
1. Keep it simple… first of all wear clothes that feel comfortable… clothes you feel good in
2. Jeans are my favorites as I might ask you to get on the ground, climb things, piggy back (yeah I said piggy back) and do all kinds of silly things that just won’t look too good if your wearing a dress.
3. Please don’t bring plaid or big striped shirts for your ‘Honey”. these are very conflicting in photographs.
4. Solid Red shirts do not look good when turned into a black and white photo and as you know most papers only take black and white photos for your engagement announcement.
5. Alot of couples want to bring 3 or 4 outfits, please don’t …… WHY you ask?? It takes up too much time for one and once we get out the door and get started we don’t want to be running back to the studio constantly changing. I know it’s a natural thing for us girls but guys hate it. I like to work fast and keep things fun and light so that they will interact more. It seems that once we get them in the groove the last thing we want to do is say, OKAY STOP… now we’ve got to change clothes. GUYS HATE THIS.
6. Please wear comfortable shoes OR at least bring some to walk in and then when we get to a site, pop on the HEELS.
7. Remember that it is my job to make you smile and have fun so I guard you against saying to the honey, “now when we get there you’d better smile”.. As silly as this seems, it happens and they have the ole guy attitude before we ever start.
You just come with a open mind of having fun and leave the rest to ME…..